Twenty Tips for Lively Living
By Dr. Ron Ross
The following are ten of the Twenty Tips for Lively Living. Next week the final ten tips!
- Clear the cobwebs. Sure you have heartaches, bad experiences and grief, but so does everyone else. If you dwell on the dark side of life you’ll never see the light. Clear out the cobwebs and focus on the future. Leave the shadows of yesterday behind and move into a bright tomorrow.
- Lighten your load. Someone once suggested that we should reduce our possessions by one third every seven years. It’s not so much the “stuff” we have in our closets and garages that crowds out life’s joys; it’s the “stuff” of hard feelings, grudges and bitterness that slows down our journey through life.
- Expect success. Dream big, plan carefully and work hard. You deserve the very best – expect nothing less.
- Get energized. An 83 year-old man once showed me a fruit tree he planted in his back yard. With great enthusiasm he said, “We’ll be enjoying fruit from this tree in only four years.” Get excited about something today.
- Reside on the positive side. What good is it to dwell on the negative when you can reside on the positive side of life? Set yourself down with people and in places where success is routine.
- Dress for success. What do people see when they look at you? Much of your personality is visible in what you wear, the way you walk, and the care with which you groom yourself.
- Stand in the right circles. Your environment has a direct impact on your success. What your mother told you is true, “You become like those you hang out with.” Associate with successful people and your chances for success increase dramatically.
- Get help. You are not an island and you cannot solve all your problems by yourself. Find a support group of positive thinking, success-oriented, faith-filled people who are willing to help you on your way through life.
- Sow the right seed. What you sow is what you reap. Sow love in others and love will come back to you. Be generous and others will be generous toward you. Be rude and rudeness will be returned you. Remember that what you sow always comes back ten, fifty or a hundred fold.
- Live today. I was the personal friend of two college freshmen who traveled to a rural community for a weekend. On a lonely country road their car crashed and both were killed instantly. The most precious moments of your life are the ones you are living right now. Enjoy them; they may be your last.
Next week the other Ten Tips for Lively Living.
If you would like the entire 20 Tips for Lively Living emailed to you send your request to RonRoss@RonRossToday.com.
- How to Wiggle Out of the Mud! – 21
- How to Wiggle Out of the Mud! – 23